CROSS CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP
The Cross Church Scholarship is an endeavor to reach our future and award academic achievement among the youth of our church. The scholarship will be awarded up to two high school graduating students, prepared to attend an accredited college, university, vocational, or technical school in the fall of the next school year. The scholarship recognizes academic distinction as well as a strong character and personal qualities.
● Must be an active member of Cross Church
● Graduating high school seniors with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
● Applicants must provide at least 2 letters of recommendation
○ One from a church member (e.g minister, ministry leader, etc.)
○ One from a community member (e.g. employer, teacher, counselor, coach, community service, etc.)
● Applicants must use the scholarship to attend an accredited college, university, vocational, or technical school
● Applicants must submit a completed application
● Applicants must submit two short essays on community service and education
● Applicants must have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in
community service, extracurricular or other activities
● Applicant must write a thank you letter to all donors
The scholarship committee will review all applications. Students will be selected based on their academic accomplishments, essay answers, letters of recommendation, community service, extracurricular, and church activities. The scholarship committee will make the final recommendation, which will be reviewed by a third-party entity. Recipients will be notified within 30 days of the deadline and will be required to attend the scholarship award recognition ceremony.
The essays must be typed and the application printed in black ink. A completed application along with all other required information must be submitted to the scholarship committee and postmarked no later than
July 5, 2020. Place your name on all materials.
Send the original of everything to:
Mail: Cross Church 1100 Dallas Dr. Suite 106 Denton, Texas 76205
This is a one-time scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funds available and applicant eligibility.
Amount of Scholarship
Maximum of $1000 per student.